Technics SLDL1 tonearm skews to the left towards end of LP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I have an SLDL1 linear tracking turntable which has been in the family since around 1983. It still sounds fantastic and I have tried my best to maintain it changing belts and lubrication, etc.

It has developed an annoying fault which I cannot work out on my own. The tone arm suddenly skews to the left (off centre) just before the end of the final track of an LP and sounds like you are scratching the record as it does this before it finally lifts up.

The rapid skewing across occurs if even if you move the tone arm across the record using the fast forward button. If you use the "rewind" button after this has happened the tonearm sometimes skews to the right (off centre).

I have lookd at the service manual but cannot work out what to adjust.

Any Help would be appreciated

Hi All

I have solved the problem! Went through "offset of tonearm and servo gain" on the service manual and it seems to be working properly now. Only thing is the values are hard to pin down on some of the adjustments as the fluctuate wildly so did a best guess. Will run it for a while and check again but it sounds fine and tonearm is moving across as it should. Just unsure about how accuratley I have set the values and it is bugging me!

good morning, thank you very much for your response. I just have tried to register on Vinylengine, but unfortunately without success...when clicking on Register, there opens new window, which is just blank, without any content..
So I would like to ask you for BIG support - could you eventually be so kind and download the service manual from your login and then sent to me per email? I know, it is quite courageous request ... but hopefully you understand my situation and would be able to help me...
Thank you VERY much in advance, and regards from Czech // Tomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.