Isolation transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jimmy!

I may be in too deep here!

I was working under the asumption that you wanted to interface an op amp with a power amp.

However, you mention an active volume control arrangement.

Where, exactly, do the op amps come in?

Can you provide a circuit diagram?

Hey Gala, Thanks for your reply. The trannys i Pirated pretty much fall dramatically at about 15khz no oscillation seen yet but i will add traces and pads for the loading components in the design of my small pc boards for the trannys so i can mount them a few inches from the amps input. For the trannys primary and dc blocking you suggest using back to back electrolitics to simulate what type of cap? something you would find in a speaker crossover? non polarized electrolytic?

Thanks much Galu! I did some browsing and the general consensus seems to be when using a non polarized cap to block dc bypass that cap with a film cap at least 10% of the value of the non polarized one... Am i getting that correct? Also my power amps are capacitive coupled with a small electrolytic on the inputs(4.7uf) so by adding trannys at the power amp input i should be able to get rid of them? sound correct?

Thanks Galu I will add traces and pads for the components on the primary and secondary. the fact that its working now with excellent sound quality up to the limits of the trannys being used gives me hope that the dc is low enough not to cause problems. but that being said extending the bandwidth with new trannys could uncover problems. will order the triads and the non polarized caps. Thanks to all. Its wonderful to have such an online community. I learn something new every day!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.