Diy Rcm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"float switch"

There are many choices of mounting and contacts. A fair number are wired to "pump when full" (as for a drain sump); while you directly want a "stop pump when full". However a mere relay would invert the logic. If you have a master computer already then the float switch is just another logic input.

Nice—thanks for that! I'll look into it. The collection jar isn't very large so I'll need something pretty small; but if it works out that would be great.

Just curious; what led to adding a CCW option to the platter spin? Do you flip it back and forth to pass over a troublesome spot multiple times?

I had a feeling your pumps were a different model. Even though they draw the same current, it sounds like yours might have a bit more pull to them.

I just do one cleaning cycle per side. I actually hadn't considered doing more; although a clean-water rinse couldn't hurt I guess. If the fluid dried out before the nozzle reached it I might be more concerned about traces of surfactant being left behind.

The one caveat (and I've read this about the commercial machines too) is that fluid can find it's way over the outer LP edge, and seep back in to wet the other just-cleaned side. Capillary action, I guess. It's usually not much, and a quick swipe with a microfiber cloth takes care of it. However, it just occurred to me: I could add a new routine to the Arduino sketch. Flip the record back over to the just-wetted side, and start a "limited-pass" cycle. instead of a complete arc, the arm just travels a small distance, drops, and re-vacuums the first couple of tracks worth of the wetted side. Maybe I could add another switch to the control set, to select how far in (maybe in 1cm increments) you need to go.

Huh, this is starting to seem like a "2.0" evolution. Float switch, distance-limited cycle; maybe a pressure gauge... and maybe it can make toast too! Sky's the limit.

Just curious; what led to adding a CCW option to the platter spin? Do you flip it back and forth to pass over a troublesome spot multiple times?

I had a feeling your pumps were a different model. Even though they draw the same current, it sounds like yours might have a bit more pull to them.

I just do one cleaning cycle per side. I actually hadn't considered doing more; although a clean-water rinse couldn't hurt I guess. If the fluid dried out before the nozzle reached it I might be more concerned about traces of surfactant being left behind.

The one caveat (and I've read this about the commercial machines too) is that fluid can find it's way over the outer LP edge, and seep back in to wet the other just-cleaned side. Capillary action, I guess. It's usually not much, and a quick swipe with a microfiber cloth takes care of it. However, it just occurred to me: I could add a new routine to the Arduino sketch. Flip the record back over to the just-wetted side, and start a "limited-pass" cycle. instead of a complete arc, the arm just travels a small distance, drops, and re-vacuums the first couple of tracks worth of the wetted side. Maybe I could add another switch to the control set, to select how far in (maybe in 1cm increments) you need to go.

Huh, this is starting to seem like a "2.0" evolution. Float switch, distance-limited cycle; maybe a pressure gauge... and maybe it can make toast too! Sky's the limit.

Well the CCW option came from drooling over all of loricraft videos, Some, not all .. Run the platter CCW OR place the arm over the spindle to run the cycle from the opposite side with the platter running CW and the arm running CW working its way outwards, essentially the same thing just on the opposite side of the record.

I have no idea if there is a right or wrong way with regard's, platter direction or arm direction, the only thing I can think of is the that running the platter CCW the vacuum will hoover up any liquid before it hits the thread, but as far as if this really matters I don't have a clue :confused: I don't cycle the platter back and forth, generally for the first IPA wash and Rinse I apply the liquid with it running CW and vacuum it off still running CW and for the L'art Du son, apply CW and vacuum off CCW ... Phew

I have also had the problem with fluid creeping under the record several times, but if it only hits the run in grooves a careful wipe around the edge with a MF cloth usually sorts it out, any worse and I will completely redo that side, I love making work for myself :rolleyes:

I had chance to test a couple of records that I cleaned yesterday with the new pumps, and so far it all looks very promising, barely a click, tick or pop anywhere.

I can also see a V2.0 coming along, it's all a bit of a learning curve, but the end results are well worth it, I love toast :D

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.