Turntable AC Motor Supplies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I've had a good forum search but haven't found any mention of a turntable power supply for an AC Synchronous motor as in the Rega P9 or the HEED AUDIO Orbit.....

Has anyone got a design for such an appliance? I'm quite interested in building one as an alternative to the usual DC option (which I also have at home). :eek:

Rega & Heed seem to regenerate the pure 50Hz (60Hz) signal so essentially a waveform generator....is this an easy one?

regards & confused,

Jimmy

Jimmy, this is rather easy:

1 Generate 50 Hz sinus from a microcontroller with DAC output, PWM output or from 8 I/O pins (and make your own DAC with R-2R technology), use a wien bridge, use a CMOS oscillator with a LP-filter. You have many options for generating sinus signals.

2 Feed the signal into an power amp, 5-20 Watts, approx 10-15 VAC into a 230/12 transformer backwards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.