AR xa motor replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hurst 3001-001 Model-A 300-RPM Gear Motor w/ Capacitor | eBay

Confirm before buying one that this is not a gear motor.. (I believe it is misstated in the description.)

Be sure to investigate further, Google will turn up lots of information on these tables and the motors used in them.

I've had at least 4 of them, my introduction to decent performing vinyl playback.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You should measure the shaft size of the current motor to be sure before you buy anything, reasonably good calipers can be had for under $30 from various sellers on the web like little machine shop, etc. It's a very useful tool when you need it.

Search For... - LittleMachineShop.com

There are a number at under $30.00 and at least one that comes in at under $20.00

Youcan get the Hurst motor from Allied ($65) and an upgrade 33/45 pulley to fit the Hurst motor's shaft from Vinyl Nirvana ($54). Worked great for me; also Mu Metal shielding on it (Amazon) for residual hum. Look at AR XA Turntable Rebuilding ( his first article) and AR XA Turntable Rebuilding (his 2nd). Plenty of info and lots of pictures. Finally, if you're seriously into it investigate what Marc Morin does...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.