Phono Arm 33awg cables replace

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Cardas wire sounds very good for the money but due to the teflon insulation is way too stiff for many tonearms. I would rather look for a wire in silk.

As for silver, one of my arms comes with factory silver wiring. You would never ever guess it is silver from the sound. Ever :)

I've felt great sonic quality with thin silk insulated Litz wires. Properly installed and shielded anywhere exposed, I'm convinced it have an edge or some degree of superiority over other common copper strand insulated wires. Its supposed to have higher efficiency and frequency response over copper wires. Again, how its wired up is very important to ensure it doesn't attract hum or electrical interference noises. Great to use but with extreme care. I braid or twist each pair through the arm wand up to the bend into the column.

silver is brillant copper is warmer

Are you sure you're able to tell the difference without knowing the wire you're listening to (i.e. performing DBT)?

You should fill out your profile with your location information, it makes answering questions like this much easier.

Did you mean me? Well, I have given this information a long time ago!

Best regards!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.