Pioneer PL-12D mk II motor upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys!

I recently bought a turntable, a Pioneer PL-12D mk II. I have mostly bought it because i fell in love with it at first sight, I really love the looks of it.

However, it has some issues which I want to fix, at any cost, keeping the looks intact. Firstly, I want to change the turntable motor.
According the specification sheet of the turntable, it has a four pole synchronous motor, which in Hungary, where the voltage and frequency of the mains are 230V/50Hz, makes the shaft rotate at 1500 rpm.
The pulley can be easily detached from the motor, so I thought that I could just replace the AC, rumbling motor with a new DC motor, for which I would like to buy/design a motor speed controller.

My question is: Do any of you guys have any advice which motor or speed controller should I use for this project? I have read that Maxon motors are quite good, but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks in advance
Sebastian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.