How good is the Harman Kardon ST-8 TT?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys

I would like to know what the general consensus is on the Harman Kardon Rabco ST-8 TT. I have heard that the arm is a bit lightweight for MC cartridges. Is there a way to mod it to make it more suitable? From the manual of the ST7 I gather that the arm fits into a socket in the armbase. Is there a way to make an additional arm that will fit in the arm socket? Is it worth it to try and mount another totally different arm? Curious minds want to know. :D

Thanks,
Deon

Hi Deon
No experience with st 8 but the st 7 i think was a great tt.
A little prone to feedback so i always used it on wall mounted shelf, also a bit hard to adjust arm for correct lenght and also the drive wheel angle, but adjusted- realy good!
Keep the arm and adjust it and use a stylus force gauge!

I mostly used Grado signature, this was a while ago but i think it was signature 2 (original signature series) Also was very good with Kiseki blue with an extra alu/lead weight between cartridge and "shell". Mat was bad, made a thin one out of cork and polyurethane that worked.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.