JVC L-F71 turntable with sensor issue.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix one of these things? The sensor is not working. When you select track the arm moves across the record and then back to resting position. I took the cartridge apart and it has two leds an emitter which is dark and a clear collector I have continuity across the dark led of 1370, and that illuminates through my digital camera when the player is on, but nothing through the clear one. I have a voltage reading of -1.6v to the dark led and -5.2 to the clear one. So are we looking at the clear receiver led being at fault? and if so where from and what should the replacement be? Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    645.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    682.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    658.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    745.1 KB · Views: 211
Just stumbled across this thread - apologies for the sudden resurrection from two years ago! My father has one of these turntables, I'd like to dig it out and get it going again. As far as I remember it was basically working OK last time it was used (10 years ago maybe?) but I do know that the dedicated cartridge that came with the deck was replaced with an aftermarket one, and therefore obviously the clever track search / skipping functionality doesn't work.

Was there a model number printed anywhere on this cartridge? I'd like to track (pun unintended) one down and refit. I looked at your pictures and can't see anything. Any ideas?

I have the manual now if anyone can give me advice on an alternate part that would be great. Thanks.

Reading this now in 2020 as I need help with my beloved JVC LF71.

First to add on your query, yes this TT has specific cart with track sensor which is hard to find but when searching one can also search for SANYO MG-100D cart which is for Fisher MT-6360 TT which has similar feature as JVC LF71.
Fisher Sanyo MG-100S cartridge,Fisher Sanyo MG 100S cartridge,Fisher Sanyo MG100S cartridge,Fisher Sanyo MG-100S phono cartridge,Fisher Sanyo MG 100S phono cartridge,Fisher Sanyo MG100S phono cartridge,Fisher Sanyo MG-100S phonograph cartridge,Fisher Sanyo MG 100S phonograph cartridge,Fisher Sanyo MG100S phonograph cartridge,Fisher Sanyo MG-100S phonograph needle stylus,Fisher Sanyo MG 100S phonograph needle stylus,Fisher Sanyo MG100S phonograph needle stylus

Secondly, I am having issues with speed circuit and I really need service manual for JVC LF71 which I am unable to find anywhere online, Is there a possobility you could share a copy of that please ? it would be a real help for me.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.