834P phono stage mains change

Does anyone know what it takes to convert one of the original Tim P. 834P phono stages from 240 to 120 volts? I have access to one from the UK that has the info below on the back of the phono stage but I don't see a switch. Also, the manual says the unit has been "....set internally for 120/240 volts." This has me confused.

Power: 100-120V
200-240V

As for "set to internally" It could be something as simple as moving a wire link for 120v to 240v operation.

You could also consider using a mains step up transformer.

Or as already suggested, contact the seller to see if they can set it for 120v operation before shipping.

Hello all..
Luckily I have this picture from my archive of various work done in the past. The mains transformer is indeed a double primary winding that can wired for 240V or 120VAC. I reckon anyone can flip open the cover and see if its indeed 4 wires at the primary. Here is the picture of the guts. The bunch of 4 wires (Dark blue, Purple, Grey and Brown) Purple and Grey is tied for 240V operation for use in my region. You can DIY it or have someone competent to sort it out for 120V input. Good Luck!

Attachments

• IMG-20160131-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20160131-WA0020.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 228
Thanks to all and especially coolmaster for the picture. My 834P came in today and it has the exact same PT. The primary has 2 windings. I think what I need to do is clip the gray and purple wires that connect the windings in series for 220vac and then resplice as needed to connect the 2 primary windings in parallel for 120 volts. This should be easy enough!

Jim

Hi folks - I know this is an old thread, but hoping to get some help. I want to do the reverse. I have an original EAR 834P configured for 120V for US. I am moving to New Zealand where mains is 230V. Would I need to make the PT wiring look like that in the above photo from Coolmaster?