Test LP group buy

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm very happy to see it handled as a standard group buy.

Right now it seems we are arguing over little details. I'm of the mind that I'll accept whatever is decided once we get to a point when these records can be made. I'm looking at 5 pieces as they will wear out

As for profit, there won't be any to speak of. Whoever looks after the details and ordering will make a small amount of money that probably will not cover the effort and time, so this is not something to worry about at all. We call it "pizza money", not enough to worry about. There is a very real risk that the person running the group buy may run into extra costs or have excess product on hand. Worrying about a couple dollars is just plain silly in my view.

-Chris

There was no problem, until just recently. I'm with the others who want this project to be public domain and a standard group buy. That's the only way I wish to participate.
However, Pano, with respect to your otherwise helpful logistics contribution, IIRC you do not have any original content contribution to the thread either?

As the proposal stands, those contributing or developing original content receive no fee or reward in any way. And retain permission for any future use beyond the initial 250 run. Which, IMO, is 100% proper and correct.

So if the thinking is still that 250 more than covers total requirement ever, there is no problem. If there's ambition beyond that it does not come from anyone with contributing interest in the content, other than control of permission. So where does it come from? I don't see a problem if your position is as you say............

I reckon we all passionately agree about no-one making profit from this venture. Just we don't necessarily trust each other, and have different approaches to managing that issue.

LD

I'm in that crowd as well, nothing that can be considered proprietary.
It isn't Kevin. The 1st 250 is free from the issue, and any subsequent run is to be debated.

Remind me, have you contributed original content to the record.............?

PS: we're starting to argue about how to divide nothing, just like a proper rock band..........
PPS: strain gauge preamp thread concept, I posted public sketches for it years ago, very happy just to see it develop

LD

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
But IIRC you haven't contributed to the original content, Scott, so you've no skin in the game this time.......? Same with Pano, and a few other open IP protagonists, I think?

That's not reasonable, spaceistheplace. IIRC, you haven't actually contributed content to the test record?

However, Pano, with respect to your otherwise helpful logistics contribution, IIRC you do not have any original content contribution to the thread either?

Wow !

Regardless, I would like to thank Scott, the inhabitant of Proxima Centauri b and Michael for their real and benevolent contribution

George

But IIRC you haven't contributed to the original content, Scott, so you've no skin in the game this time.......? Same with Pano, and a few other open IP protagonists, I think?

BS, I spent the better part of a week of my time doing my own FM code because you would not share yours and it stays whether you like it or not. Same goes for the linear phase tri-waves and the spiral groove. There is nothing in this tracklist relating to your stylus friction hobby horse and virtually every track has president in previous test LP's.

Last edited:
Wow !

Regardless, I would like to thank Scott, the inhabitant of Proxima Centauri b and Michael for their real and benevolent contribution

George
I sincerely hope you know what I meant, George. Certainly not in the sense you imply.

This is out of hand. I now feel marginalised and unwelcome by 5 mods, so it's certainly time for me to take a break from the forum.

Please do not use any of my content or contribution in the test record. You do not have my permission and that should be enough.

Thanks to all for all your interesting conversations over the years.

LD

BS, I spent the better part of a week of my time doing my own FM code because you would not share yours and it stays whether you like it or not.
Just to tie loose ends, that was nothing to do with the test record, and not this thread. And my FM discriminator is clearly superior with some qualities which are a bit special, as explained at the time. No-one would disclose it without doing proper diligence.

Same goes for the linear phase tri-waves and the spiral groove.
Yup, in fairness that the linear phase tri-waves is a good suggestion. But is that it? Spiral groove escapes me, but if you mean rotating vector, I though that was Bill's idea.

Anyways, all the best and thanks for all the fish.

LD

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I sincerely hope you know what I meant, George. Certainly not in the sense you imply.

I mean it when I write something and I (try to) write what I mean.

This is out of hand. I now feel marginalised and unwelcome by 5 mods, so it's certainly time for me to take a break from the forum.

The quotes I included manifest what I consider as disrespectful and antisocial behavior, thus the “regardless” (i.e. the choice not to act as a moderator but as a saddened participant)

George

The quotes I included manifest what I consider as disrespectful and antisocial behavior, thus the “regardless” (i.e. the choice not to act as a moderator but as a saddened participant)

George
I respect what you say, as always George. I'm not going to expand what I meant, but it obviously didn't come across as intended.

On a personal level, I've greatly learned from and enjoyed your posts, George.

I still owe you a proper analysis of the wear test files. So when I've cooled off, I promise to post that. It's winter now, so I should find time and it's very interesting.

I was hoping this test record might contain wear test lock grooves, which should settle a few demons.

But as it stands, the proposed test record is an underachiever IMO. So I hope you guys can salvage something. But please don't use my original content. Trust you'll understand.

Thank you, George.

LD

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
This is out of hand. I now feel marginalised and unwelcome by 5 mods
Don't put this on any moderators. Anyone posting here has been posting as a regular forum member. This is not a moderation issue.

Please do not use any of my content or contribution in the test record. You do not have my permission and that should be enough.

Since you have not contributed anything tangible, this will not be a problem.

With a few tweaks the results lay exactly on top of eachother.
In your dreams :rolleyes:

I'm very disappointed in where this has gone and I honestly cannot fathom the recent outcropping of non issues or your change of attitude.
Disappointment, me too. No change of attitude here. Agree the issues should have been agreeable. I have a strong suspicion we're all on the same side, with limited trust :rolleyes:

All the best, and thanks for many interesting and informative dialogs. I think you have the right approach to philanthropy, BTW.

LD

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
I am somewhat saddened here. Now I have had zero unique input here, but in terms of trust I have honestly not found a better bunch that here. A lot of the posters on this thread have been on here since the beginning, or at least close to it and I believe many of them knew each other and were collaborating on things years (sometimes decades) before.

So I would personally trust them with money/information/getting things done as they have proven it again and again.

Very sad...