Ana mighty sound retips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I think this is true, I have my own very negative story with an outfit not listed in the above posts.

If passion for rescuing exotic old cartridges is indicative Ana is probably as a good a choice as any that can be made. The others all have good reputations as far as I know. Until you try them it's all hearsay unless you know someone locally who has had a good/bad experience on which to base your decision.

Or make a list and throw darts and whichever one gets the most/least hits gets the job.. LOL

HOLISTIC AUDIO

Kilian Bakker
Boelenkamp 1
8431 BK Oosterwolde
NEDERLAND

Telefoon: (+31) 6 1750 8747
Email: Holisticaudio.nl@gmail.com
Service

Kilian has rebuilt/ retipped a lot of different cartridges incl. EMT, Koetsu, Denon, Audio Technica, Ortofon, Roksan, Linn that I've been able to test on my Sony PS X9 turntable. What I like about him is that he tries to keep the original sound/ character of the cartridge intact (a bit of a purist/ perfectionist).

Another one is VdH. I had several cartridges retipped by VdH with mixed results (he uses his own styli/ diamond tip so your cartridge is no longer original)

Another one is VdH. I had several cartridges retipped by VdH with mixed results (he uses his own styli / diamond tip so your cartridge is no longer original).

NWA also use a particular profile. In my case (with a Benz LP), it was the same as what I had - so that was fine. But, yes, if your cart had a different profile then you no longer have an 'original' cart!

Andy

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Andy: I was going to post about stylus profile angst when re-tipping.

For example Goldring and NWA have Gyger profiles available
VdH obviously have their own
Expert grind there own based on Weinz designs
AMS appear to have access to the Namiki range

And you have not a hope in h*** of getting any sort of consensus over which is best in all the conflicting reports out there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.