Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

3 Phase Class D amp for DIY BLDC motor Drive
3 Phase Class D amp for DIY BLDC motor Drive
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th April 2018, 07:52 PM   #321
Altanir is offline Altanir  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Johnny,

I've ordered stuff before from this website:

PCB Prototype & PCB Fabrication Manufacturer - JLCPCB

They accept gerber files and their pcbs have good quality/cost. Actually, I"ve just placed the order for the MA3D board from them and it's already on the way to Brazil.

Also check EasyEDA - Online PCB design & circuit simulator - If you want to design new pcbs.
Old 29th April 2018, 04:11 AM   #322
JOHNNYCR100 is offline JOHNNYCR100  Abu Dhabi
diyAudio Member

Hi Altanir,

Thank you for the info, i may take that up (or go to Osh park) if no joy with this..i was just looking to keep costs down as i don"t need 3 PCB(s)

regards

Johnny
Old 2nd May 2018, 04:54 AM   #323
diyAudio Member

Smile any offers

Yo Gents,

my Last ask for 2 x SG1 and 1x Ma-3d PCB (so as not bung up this thread)
can do via Pay Pal

me thanks to ye all

Regards

Johnny
Old 4th May 2018, 10:55 AM   #324
diyAudio Member

Default SG and MA3D PCB

YO Gents,

Ill keep one ear open for offers.

regards

Johnny
Old 12th May 2018, 09:49 AM   #325
Altanir is offline Altanir  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone,

I've got the AA motor and the shaft coupling parts I told about a few posts ago.

They are a good fit. Tight, although not too tight and without any cogging or misalignments. A perfect fit, IMO, and this way I can use the original VPI pulley and belt (I will buy the 600 RPM HRX pulley, the one on the picture is the 300 RPM two speed pulley).

The only "´ssue" is that the motor shaft is a little too long, so the final assembly got a little too high, but I don't think this would be a real problem (and I'll leave it like that unless it is easy to move the shaft, but I'm not sure about that).

I intend to use the original VPI SAMA housing, maybe with a new top plate for a better fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180512_063315350.jpg (565.2 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180512_063400881.jpg (511.2 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by Altanir; 12th May 2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12th May 2018, 03:47 PM   #326
Lbud4 is offline Lbud4  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtownsend3590 View Post
Hi John,

I had the BLWR up & running for quite a while before finally getting the BLWS, Lots of testing different pulleys and reassembly. The noise was mostly from the bottom bearing and I replaced both with these last Friday.Amazon.com: 5x16x5mm Hybrid Ceramic Brushless Motor Ball Bearings (2): Industrial & Scientific The motor is much quieter now and we'll see if that lasts.

I had made the pod on an eccentric for adjustable belt tension but will make a new one centered since I'm now running stock size pulley.

I've started work on the pod for the BLWS, a bit smaller than what Pyramid designed as I have to work within the existing dimensions of the Oracle. Will report back on findings.

Cheers,

Gregory

Is the above referenced link for bearings that fit BLWS motors? Also assume there are two bearings per motor.
Old 14th May 2018, 03:18 PM   #327
gtownsend3590 is offline gtownsend3590
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbud4 View Post
Is the above referenced link for bearings that fit BLWS motors? Also assume there are two bearings per motor.
That size does fit the BLWR and I don't have easy access to see what size the BLWS takes. Maybe someone else has that spec. It does take two bearings per motor.

Cheers,
Gregory

3 Phase Class D amp for DIY BLDC motor DriveHide this!Advertise here!