WTB: Thorens turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
planet10 said:
Grado works well... i have a source for inexpensive good used units if anyone is interested in a really budget cart.

Would you be able to post, or email the prices/models of carts you have available? Or is there one you would recommend (that's of course not beaten to death). My budget for the cart is (hard to decide), but I'd say we'll go for $50-$60CDN (Since I can get the grado black for $60 new).
Sorry for the tight budget, but I am a student. I shouldn't even be spending all this money anyway, but .. oh well :)

elizard said:

Any pictures? Also, what condition is it in? How much do you want for it? Does it come w/ a cartridge?

P.S. you can email me at elizard2k@hotmail.com for further info.
Thank you.

Sure I can post pics later this evening. The dustcover is nothing to look at, although I removed it from the unit when in use anyhow. This is a very nice unit, and is the predecessor to the Linn SP-12. I want $100.00 plus shipping, which is more than reasonable for this table. Comes with an Audio Technica Tonearm and a Ion cartridge.

If you are interested I'll post pics later.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
lpd said:
This is a very nice unit, and is the predecessor to the Linn SP-12. I want $100.00 plus shipping, which is more than reasonable for this table. Comes with an Audio Technica Tonearm and a Ion cartridge.

A good price for sure... i had one of these before i got a Linn... it isn't near the TT that a Linn has, but certainly is in the same league as the AR & the Thorens, and if the arm is the AT i'm thinking of then that would give it the leg-up.

BTW: i seem to recall that this TT morphed into another, which was then scooped up by AudioNote UK...

dave

lpd said:

Sure I can post pics later this evening. The dustcover is nothing to look at, although I removed it from the unit when in use anyhow. This is a very nice unit, and is the predecessor to the Linn SP-12. I want $100.00 plus shipping, which is more than reasonable for this table. Comes with an Audio Technica Tonearm and a Ion cartridge.

If you are interested I'll post pics later.

Well, I put a bid in for the ar turntable. I was waiting for your response earlier, so I just put it in while waiting. The auction ends in an hour and a half, so I won't raise my bid any longer, and if I do get outbid, I'll let you know and then I'll get your TT (and a cart from planet10).

Thanks.

I can't post pics as my camera is being used for the Metallica concert tonight. This may sound like a fish story, but a collegue of mine won back stage passes to the concert and we are getting an autographed Kirk Hammet ESP guitar to auction off for a non-profit society I work for!!! He want to take pics of the event and the autographing of the guitar (for authenticity). I'll post a pic of the event tomorrow, when I get the camera back.

Don't worry about the turntable. If you have bid on another, I can post it later for sale. I can easily get between $150.00-$200-00 US for it on E-Pay, so I'm not in a rush. Just thought I'd extend a deal to a fellow canuck!!!

Cheers

Peter

lpd said:
I can't post pics as my camera is being used for the Metallica concert tonight. This may sound like a fish story, but a collegue of mine won back stage passes to the concert and we are getting an autographed Kirk Hammet ESP guitar to auction off for a non-profit society I work for!!! He want to take pics of the event and the autographing of the guitar (for authenticity). I'll post a pic of the event tomorrow, when I get the camera back.

Don't worry about the turntable. If you have bid on another, I can post it later for sale. I can easily get between $150.00-$200-00 US for it on E-Pay, so I'm not in a rush. Just thought I'd extend a deal to a fellow canuck!!!

Cheers

Peter

I really do appreciate the deal. That's why I love this site, its FULL of nice people like you willing to extend a deal to a fellow diy-er.

Sweet deal about the metallica tickets. That's wicked!!!
My sister had 1 extra seat, so I was offered to go. But my girlfriend wanted to go see them more than I did (she was supposed to go see bowie with me in april, but can't cus of an exam), so i gave them up to her.

BTW, this is the turntable i just won.: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3086587374&category=3283
Not too bad of a price, eh?

Thanks

PS planet10 - i emailed you about the carts. Just let me know how much $$$ and how you want me to pay. Thank you!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.