Ultrasonic cleaning services in the UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
demagnetising? seriously

Have you tried manually cleaning these records (as in is there a really good reason to want to ultrasound them). If not I would try that first. He doesn't quote a price, which suggests its high. Also his equipment for sale appears to have been setup in the local nursery.

BTW your username may raise some eyebrows.

demagnetising? seriously

Have you tried manually cleaning these records (as in is there a really good reason to want to ultrasound them). If not I would try that first. He doesn't quote a price, which suggests its high. Also his equipment for sale appears to have been setup in the local nursery.

BTW your username may raise some eyebrows.

I'm sold on Ultrasonic cleaning. I have read nothing but positive reviews across 40-50 different forums in the space of a few months all saying this beats any RCM hands down for sound.

I have tried manual cleaning before and there is still pops/clicks even after the clean, vacuum and milty zerostat.

Price is £8 per vinyl. A lot cheaper than £2250 for an ultrasonic cleaner of my own. Even to DIY it I would be looking at just over £1k which for me is not cost effective as I only intend to play once and record to the PC. Add to that I have a finite amount of records left to buy to complete the collection.

I suppose you could argue I could buy an RCM but then I suppose how deep down the rabbit hole do you go when the end game is to listen back to the vinyl recording using winamp and some Studio headphones.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.