Phoenix Engneering (Falcon/Eagle builder)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was fortunate enough to find one of the last Eagle and Roadrunner build...
So I converted my turntable, a Thorens TD 160, to 110 volts and set the Falcon to 50Hz.
The difference is stunning. Rock solid bass, no tremolo whatshowever on long piano notes. Every musical detail stands out.

This is a marvelous product that deserved a longer production life.
My humble opinion.

A happy Phoenix customer!

I was fortunate enough to find one of the last Eagle and Roadrunner build...
So I converted my turntable, a Thorens TD 160, to 110 volts and set the Falcon to 50Hz.
The difference is stunning. Rock solid bass, no tremolo whatshowever on long piano notes. Every musical detail stands out.

This is a marvelous product that deserved a longer production life.
My humble opinion.

A happy Phoenix customer!

I would like to know what are the readings you get with the combo Phoenix/Roadrunner: for example 33,33 costant and variations only in the third decimal or maybe 33,333 costant? Many thanks

Hifi heaven still had stock of them as of last week,
As an owner of the Eagle and Roadrunner, I can say that it was probably one of the best investment for my turntable to date.
I also built the DIY one that is offered here, that ran very consistent and constant while checking speed with the Roadrunner, it is a little challenging to build though.
The nice thing about the commercial design is its compact size.
I would say that it is worth every penny of its cost, hands down

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

The founder is Pyramid, you will find several threads about his work. Maybe is it possible organize a group buy, I would be interested

I agree, and would be interested in both the Falcon and the Road Runner. Is there any chance (a) there is enough interest amongst members to make a group buy feasible and (b) Pyramid would be willing to supply units?

Regards,
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.