Audio Asylum tracking error post

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tracking error spreadsheet

After a bit of searching, I didn't find a tracking error spreadsheet. I did one in xcel. I can email it to anyone interested (xls isn't a valid file type for attaching, dang viruses) who would like to check it out (let me know if there are any errors). Or if you know of one, post a reply (I could check mine, see what else might be of use).

You adjust effective arm length, pivot distance and stylus angle and get the tracking angle error over 10 points across the record.

close enough

My tracking values matched to within a few hundredths of a degree - small angle calculation error buildup. I liked my spreadsheet better though as I found the groove tangient values not what I thought until I read the text more carefully; and I thought there were way too many points calculated. Yeah, everbodys a critic. . Anyway, great stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.