DIY Turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For the Vinyl friends some pictures of my turntable.
This Device is a result of several years on
building-research-rebuilding.
Feel free to coment.

Attachments

• dscf0005.jpeg
    dscf0005.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2,281
Some answers and thanks for the coments

My hacksaw would be at the arm mounting arms like a shot,
but I presume you want the option of mounting longer arms.

Yep! My 15' DIY arm is still in construction.

Is the bearing and platter homemade as well?
what's the red thing under the motorpod?

The bearing is made on a profesionell tool machine by a friend at Schütte .The platter is made by a friend at Bayer and finaly the red thing is a "Swiss Boy 110" from Rudolf Grauer AG (second adjustabile arm base?!?).

What material is used in the base???

Polymer concrete made in one casting

Any info on the motor and supply?

Case is Transrotor with Papst AC motor (standard) with simple transforner

Source for Phillips Dc motor (Linn LP12,Platine Verdier) ?????

"The red thing"

Attachments

• dscf0020.jpeg
    dscf0020.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,600
This is a pasteup from another thread....
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4578&perpage=15&highlight=&pagenumber=10
This page #10 also gives details on a US Maxxon motor suitable for the task

This is the motor from the original "Platine Verdier"

For European TT builders it might be easier to get motors from this company in Holland..'
http://www.premotec.com/product_catalogue.html

The CL series ( 29 or 40 series ) should be very good for the task, being Coreless DC motors .
These are the motors used in "Le Platine Verdier". Originally it was made by Philips so I guess Premotec is a Philips offspring....

BTW-- do you have a german source for the polymer concrete???

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Posthorn, really nice work!

Maxon motors are actually easy to get in germany. I just bought one, as i plan to change the drive-unit of my Scheu-TT from string-drive to tape- drive.
Hopefully it will be completed within the next weeks- you are welcome to have al look at it; I live in cologne too.

Regards, Boris

Posthorn
my purpose is exactly same as yours!! Been thinking about it for quite some time. An aquaintance of mine used to run a small co. making headstones (!) with this stuff, but I have lost track of the suppliers.
I have collegues in several places i Germany, from Hamburg to Munich, who travels here frequently..shipment no problem..

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Posthorn,
I got the maxon-motor from maxon germany in munich. Since it was no stock-type it had to be build in swiss, what took about three months or so.
My present PSU is build with a L200-Voltageregulator (as described in the L200-designers guide from SGS). It works pretty good, but in future I will test several others designs....

Ich bin aus Dellbrück :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.