Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

DIY 4 Phase Sinewave Generator for Turntable Motor Drive
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th October 2016, 04:48 AM   #21
twystd is offline twystd  United States
diyAudio Member

Hank, from what I saw on the video, that doesn't look like any Papst motor I have ever seen. I have no idea what it is. There isn't a lot about the various motors used. Perhaps another thread should be started to address the pros, cons, sources, availability, and implementation of various motors.

twystd
Old 31st October 2016, 09:30 AM   #22
Frogeye is offline Frogeye  United States
diyAudio Member

Parts arrived from Mouser. Board(s) ordered. When I get the board stuffed I will post here if I have any extra.
Old 31st October 2016, 05:54 PM   #23
HankF is offline HankF  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks twystd, but I don't see any interest in tweaking WB 'tables on here or elsewhere. Couldn't get results from doing a 'net search for WB replacement motors.
I just found this thread:
Replacement motors for Voyd turntable In it, Kal Rubinson wrote on 4 March 211: "I believe that the Papst AC motor used by Michell and Wilson Benesch is the HSZ 20.35-4. I have the data sheet if anyone needs it."
On 27 May 2014, a poster on AA wrote about his WB 'table: "...which uses a "250rpm Premotec AC-synchronous motor"

Last edited by HankF; 31st October 2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 3rd November 2016, 08:32 AM   #24
bfg4wd is offline bfg4wd  United States
diyAudio Member

Default micros available

I now have them ready to go, work was crazy busy plus interviewing for a new gig.

One chip including shipping is $12.50 ($6.45 for flat rate shipping)

As I said before paypal is preferred bfg4wd@yahoo.com.sg is my account.

If you wish to send as a gift $12.50, or $13.00 as a normal payment to cover their fees.
Let me know if you need different payment or shipping options.
Regards,
Ted
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:22 AM   #25
ralphfcooke is offline ralphfcooke  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,
I now have chips available for sale in the UK/Europe, I've also ordered a quantity of boards as it seems to me to be sensible to buy them as a pair, then, using the excellent info provided by Pyramid, order the components locally.
( I bought my components from Mouser(UK) and the prices were much higher than expected as they actually came from Mouser (US) with all the extra costs associated with transatlantic tariffs.

Prices:-
Chip 10 +2.50 p&p
Board 20 +2.50 p&p

Chip and board together 30 + 2.50 p&p.

For anyone who has already contacted me asking about supplying chips and/or boards, please send a new PM if the above meets your requirements

thanks

Ralph
Old 4th November 2016, 08:41 PM   #26
bimotaanders is offline bimotaanders  Norway
diyAudio Member

I just ordered the components from Mouser. One of the capacitors is out of stock, so I ordered four 47nF of a type that I hope is equivalent.

One chip and one PCB is in the post from Ralph.

I also ordered a class D 100W amp and a suitable power supply from Hong Kong via ebay.

Looking forward to the project :-)

Anders
Old 4th November 2016, 10:58 PM   #27
Pyramid is offline Pyramid  United States
diyAudio Member

None of the values are critical and neither are tempcos or Q etc. The only thing to look for is the same lead spacing. In the SG4 BOM file, I list the lead spacing or footprint for all the components. The SG4 CART file shows the mfr's part numbers which you can use to cross reference if something is unavailable.
Old 5th November 2016, 12:43 AM   #28
ralphfcooke is offline ralphfcooke  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

IT'S ALIVE!!!

First one built, it powers up perfectly, as expected. Before I connect it up to one of my power amp setups with a motor I'm going to see how clean the output waveform is, and whether the required level reduction, in my case from 5V to about 0.775V could usefully include any further lp filtering.

Unfortunately I'm working all day tomorrow, so it might be Sunday before I can do the measuring, but it does look good.
Old 5th November 2016, 06:57 AM   #29
kffern is offline kffern  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfg4wd View Post
I now have them ready to go, work was crazy busy plus interviewing for a new gig.

One chip including shipping is $12.50 ($6.45 for flat rate shipping)

As I said before paypal is preferred bfg4wd@yahoo.com.sg is my account.

If you wish to send as a gift $12.50, or $13.00 as a normal payment to cover their fees.
Let me know if you need different payment or shipping options.
Regards,
Ted
I am in Perth, Western Australia. Would you post me a couple? Maybe I should buy 3 and get the 3 boards and see if I can share the cost with someone over in Aus. if you are ordering boards as well I will take 2.
Thanks,
kffern

PS. Anyone in Aus willing to share shipping please contact me.
Old 9th November 2016, 07:51 PM   #30
Pyramid is offline Pyramid  United States
diyAudio Member

I updated the cart at Mouser to replace the 47n cap with one they have in stock. The old part was 10% tolerance, the new one is 5% (same make, footprint and value) so it cost a bit more, but they have ~800 pcs in stock.

DIY 4 Phase Sinewave Generator for Turntable Motor DriveHide this!Advertise here!