Help with Audion reference phono-preamp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st May 2016, 08:05 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Help with Audion reference phono-preamp

Hello all,I was given a Audion reference phono preamp.Its from the late 1980's,designed by David Chessel. Its had quite some fiddling with, and may or may not be fixed bias?I have looked at the post from Nov'09 by nightpuma on his Audion ref P-A. restoration and am tempted to use his circuit. My Question is this; Do you know if it was fixed or cathode bias? Is nightpuma's circuit correct for RIAA? .Thanks for your help.
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:15 AM   #2
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

How about links, photographs, and background details.
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:10 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Audion preamp

Background,nightpuma's Audion circuit is cathode bias,SRPP ECC83 x2 with passive RIAA between the first two sections followed by a buffer. My Audion circuit is/was fixed bias SRPP + buffer but not the same buffer circuit.
I dont have any links.Nightpuma's circiut is in his post of Nov '09 on this forum.

Hide this!Advertise here!