Thank you, Jason!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

am i the 1st to find this new forum board? To let the champaigne bottle swing against the bow? (well in my case it would be a malt bottle :) )

Jason, thank you very much! :) And thank you for transfering all the
TT-related threads from the past!

So, now we must see to get live into this hut :)

It's something that's mostly like something else or can be used to represent something else.

For example: School is an analog for real life.

You learn in both, you get tested in both, but one is artificial and the other is the real thing. See what I mean?

Now if you are talking about sound I have no idea. Ever since I heard about quantum physics I just figured everything is quantizised by default, so therefore everything must be digital!

Running and ducking now.

Phil

Originally posted by haldor

It's something that's mostly like something else or can be used to represent something else.

For example: School is an analog for real life.

You learn in both, you get tested in both, but one is artificial and the other is the real thing. See what I mean?

Now if you are talking about sound I have no idea. Ever since I heard about quantum physics I just figured everything is quantizised by default, so therefore everything must be digital!

Running and ducking now.

Phil,

if you look at today's digital's time domain resolution @ 20kHz, i'd say digital is an awfully flawed analog of analogue! :)
Yeah i know, HiResDigital and 96Khz and SACD and stuff, but as long as i hear Vinylsavors standard CD DAC'n'drive outperforms SACD and DVD, i cannot get rid of the feeling the one or the other detail has still to be hassled out with HiResDig. Not to speak about his Scheu/ /Moerch UP4 /Lyra Clavis outperforming his digital.

Me, i am biased to black/holes anyway, i only accept digital for performances not (yet) available for me on shellac or vinyl. :)

Thankyou Jason, it looks like peer group pressure wins !
Griff, your spelling is correct according to which version of english is used - I thought this might help you. :D
(from Cambridge International Dictionary of English)
analogue, American also analog
noun [C] something which is similar to or can be used instead of something else.
An analogue (Am and Aus analog) recording is made by changing the sound waves into electrical signals of the same frequency.

Regards, Eric.

Long Live The Vinyl Spinners!!!

I have just returned to this forum(DIYAudio) after an 8 week distraction, called work!! And, lo and behold, isn't this the best thing yet to happen to DIYAudio, a proper home for us music folks addicted to big black discs of vinyl.

I made a return to LP's about 2 years ago and have hardly listened to any digital formats since. Actually, spent almost 5 hours spinning vinyl so far this evening.

So, many thanks, Jason for this most interesting forum.

Keep up the good work,

Surf, Sun & Sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.