My Lenco record player build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That is awesome. I wish I had that kind of creativity. Where do you guys find the lencos? I have never seen one locally, and only occasionally on eBay.

Thanks
There pretty common in Europe, not so much in Australia or the states. Well worth keeping a look out for one.
The only parts I used from the original deck is the motor, idler wheel, spindle and platter. The stainless steel top plates are aftermarket and the rest I made. If you buy a European motor I think you can wire it for 110vlts and it will work at 60hz??. With the electronic speed controller it wont mater.

I fitted my new Karmadon 12" unipivot tonearm......looks bweautiful and sounds great so far. http://www.karmadon.net/shop-2-2/

Also took the whole thing apart again to fix a few things. The wall bracket was a little wonky, so I added an extra screw with a big washer now it doesnt move.

Had another go at the motor to get it running better, a few strategic placed pieces of Sorbothane and some cut up pieces of acoustic foam and it is now nearly silent (have to have my ear against it hear anything)and smooth with no notable exterior vibration.

The back of the tonearm pod with my grace 707, easy to get at.

With Karmadon and Ortofon Rondo Blue

Might change the arm rest and do something with the base plate.

Last edited:
Very beautiful constraction.I think you have spent much time to build this masterpiece....when i see it it reminds me those glory days when the people and the objects it was pure good and everything build with love and passion this is why those days made history.I really believe that this turntable this remarkable piece of love will remind you not only to you but to us when something build with love exist forever.

Thank yoy for sharing this wonderful journey with us.

Very beautiful constraction.I think you have spent much time to build this masterpiece....when i see it it reminds me those glory days when the people and the objects it was pure good and everything build with love and passion this is why those days made history.I really believe that this turntable this remarkable piece of love will remind you not only to you but to us when something build with love exist forever.

Thank yoy for sharing this wonderful journey with us.

Thank you for your kind words.

At first it looked like something chaotic and insane. Then it took its form and turned out to be a steampunk masterpiece! Really cool!

Thanks I like a bit of controlled chaos.

I have the Karmadon tonearm looking and sounding to my liking.

Need a new project.

Attachments

• tonearm copper.jpg
    tonearm copper.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 198
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.