Bugle2 with regulated power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, diy beginner here. I've so far successfully built a Crack, an AMB sigma22 PSU, and currently working on an AMB gamma1.5 DAC/amp.

I'm planning my future project around a Bugle2. I just want to buy the board, so that I can at least populate it with audiophile-grade components, i.e. thin film 1% resistors.

I also was planning on using another AMB sigma22 linear regulated power supply, instead of the supplied wall wart. The two could be built into the same box or different boxes.

Right now, I'm basically just wondering if this has been done before--either using high quality components, and if so and if such impressions are available, how did it sound compared to stock?

Also, for those of you who are more educated re: electrical engineering, besides the resistors, would it be 'worth' replacing some/all electrolytic caps with film caps? I understand that, in some cases, film caps sound superior but I'm not entirely sure when it's worthwhile to use them vs the standard aluminum electrolytic.

Nearly all of my diy electronics experience comes from building/reading about audio stuff, so any pointers in this case would be appreciated. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.