Photo/guides of Stylus wear?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just received a wee Microscope for looking at my Stylus tips.
Couple of Bux on Fleabay. Happily the darned thing actually Works.. quite well.

Now the Sad part is I don't really know what I'm looking at when viewing the Diamond tip.

Any Photo guides available for comparison/reference ?
Thanks

ps: Did see that Magic Eraser is ...Nowhere.... near as good at cleaning as the wee brush of Nagoaka fluid is.

Last edited:
Just received a wee Microscope for looking at my Stylus tips.
Couple of Bux on Fleabay. Happily the darned thing actually Works.. quite well.

Now the Sad part is I don't really know what I'm looking at when viewing the Diamond tip.

Any Photo guides available for comparison/reference ?
Thanks

ps: Did see that Magic Eraser is ...Nowhere.... near as good at cleaning as the wee brush of Nagoaka fluid is.

The technical term is photo micrograph, just google photo micrograph of stylus wear

IF you have a "nude" diamond stylus - that is one that is not a diamond bit bonded to metal, mounted to the cantilever - it ought to look essentially clear and "white' unless it is dirty.

Getting it clean without hurting the glue that holds it to the stylus is a different matter...

Chances are before the diamond wears visually, the suspension will go first... at least in my experience...

Attachments

• MOUNTED.jpg
    MOUNTED.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
So if the suspension generally goes before the diamond but there are not obvious signs of misbehaving then things are likely to be OK?

My Benz is 17 years old but has few hours on it due to the kids taking over the living room for a decade. By rights the rubber ought to have fallen apart by now...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.