vinyl coefficient of friction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In a word, no.
But we can significantly improve some of the symptoms as to instability arising from it. In the absence of a proper cure, that's as good as it gets. And is far better than conventional static antiskate, which is pretty much always wrong on a moment to moment basis and doesn't treat stability symptoms at all............

Last edited:
In a word, no.
I know most of the time intuitions don't work on pure science of mechanics. But since we know we have skating problem and with controlled damping we can control it somewhat and have option of totally removing the damping would be a good compromise. Or am I missing something here ?

As skating is different on circumference and near the label also dynamic bias is making things worst. I wonder if we can use ferrofluid to resist the ever changing skating force. We can put some mechanism in counterweight to measure the skating force; which will control the damping. Ferrofluid
Not sure but the response looks good so I guess this can work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.