rega 24V motor trouble

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone give some guidance? Bought a used 24V rega table. It has two power sources, one can be straight from a 24v wallwart and the other from rega's TTpsu power supply. The table works fine when using the TTpsu but using the straight wallwart does not turn the motor. The on/off switch on the table works because it functions when using the ttpsu so I suspect there is a bad solder joint on the board. Looks like a previous solder attempt can be seen in a couple spots. Can anyone suggest where I might want to check for voltage reading to pinpoint which solder joints I should clean and retouch?

those two oversized solder globs on the top of board in pic 2 are for the two grey wires that go to onoff switch. It's obvious these where messed with, but the fact the onoff switch works when using ttpsu suggests they are not my problem yes? And on the bottom it seems the triangle shaped set of tabs where worked as well. These are the wallwarts incoming jack tabs. I measured 27 v there so it seems they might be fine? or maybe not., but if so, what other areas could I check?

Attachments

• IMG_20150617_185601.jpg
    IMG_20150617_185601.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20150617_191036.jpg
    IMG_20150617_191036.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.