eurolab vs. teres - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st February 2004, 09:41 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
he makes REAL TTs
I know. Sadly the real ones are not in my price range. Gotta go - a plane to catch.
Old 2nd February 2004, 04:39 AM   #12
Derekva is offline Derekva  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I know. Sadly the real ones are not in my price range. Gotta go - a plane to catch.
If Teres is in your price range, then the NA turntables (specifically the Interspace and Spacedeck) are well within your range. Try 'em. I bet you'll like 'em.

-Derek
Old 2nd February 2004, 05:41 AM   #13
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I've followed the Teres from early days... a DIY project turned commercial success (at least so far). Very well respected. All i can say about the EuroKit is that Allen Wright says he is very pleased with his.

dave
Old 3rd February 2004, 09:05 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

While the original Teres was an attempt to copy the Scheu/Eurolab Premier, it actually went in a slightly different direction, and has continued to evolve since. At the moment the reference Teres is entirely built out of hardwoods with lead inserts.

The Scheu P. has remained remarkably similar to the original design, but that is mainly because the original design resulted in one of the finest turntables available at any price point. I've owned one for years, and as a reviewer hear a lot of kit - yet to hear another that sounds convincingly superior. Obviously arm and cartridge synergy counts a lot (I use a Schroeder/Allaerts).

In any case given that the quality of engineering in both tt's is excellent, we can simply thank our lucky stars that both exist.
Old 4th February 2004, 09:59 AM   #15
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi,

Quote:
I use a Schroeder/Allaerts
Any opinion on the Allaerts cartridge?

Cheers,
Old 4th February 2004, 10:56 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default allaerts

MC1 is very natural sounding. It combines well with the Schroeder, seem to build on each others strengths. The Allaerts is not in the high end, super-etched, incredibly revealing style. Instead its more a 'music first' presentation (i.e: coherence, tonality, timbre, timing), but in fact is just as capable of revealing detail, drama and scale. Just seems to dras less attention to itself which I suppose in the end is why it remains my favourite.

The Eco I haven't heard yet. The Mark 2 and above are improvements on the MC1 but as Im sure you know the prices are or :
Old 4th February 2004, 11:09 AM   #17
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi,

Quote:
The Allaerts is not in the high end, super-etched, incredibly revealing style.
Well, that's not where high end should be in the first place...

Excuse me for having asked, I didn't want to trap you into anything...but I own a JA MC and think it is high end in the positive sense of the word, as opposed to the KlirrAudio kind of way.

I love inner detail and a correct soundstage rendition, to my ears, and compared to my master tapes, this cartridge delivers the goods.

It's expensive, I know...I don't have to tell you what my Air Tangent and NA Mentor TT cost, you quite likely know.

Anyway, thank you very much for your reply...It's reassuring...

Cheers,
Old 4th February 2004, 12:33 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Yea, agree all round.
best
edward

Hide this!Advertise here!