LED Downlighters cause hummmmmm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you really want clean lighting what about 12V halogens? Best efficiency incandescent lamps and if you're on my level of paranoia you could run them off DC :D .

Unfortunately, in Oz the greenies have mandated all new housing must meet a certain "watts per sq m" standard - this mandates the use of LED lighting. :mad:

Just as a matter of interest ... I would've thought 240v halogens were more efficient than 12v - as you're not wasting any power in transformers?

Andy

If you need efficient lighting, then LED is the way to go. The striplights I use in my living room (and in my hallways, kitchen and coming soon to the dining room), all run on 12v dc. You can create anything you like to power them, though the commercial power supplies I've been using don't produce enough interference for me to notice.

I'd offer you links to order, but I 've been ordering from local resources. The strips seem to come from China, though this source has been a good source for me in the past: Besthongkong.com - Your LED source

Right. Its been a long time coming, but I have found the problem. It wasn't the downlighters exactly. They were the source of the problem, but it was the Tone Arm on the record deck where the hummmm manifested it self.

I have just had the arm changed to an EKOS SE/1 and the hum is no more. :cool:

Oh, and the EKOS is A-MA-ZING. I have got some 2000 odd new records for the price of the arm. BARGAIN!

Right. Its been a long time coming, but I have found the problem. It wasn't the downlighters exactly. They were the source of the problem, but it was the Tone Arm on the record deck where the hummmm manifested it self.

I have just had the arm changed to an EKOS SE/1 and the hum is no more. :cool:

That is amazing - but glad you got the problem solved. :)

In my new house (with enforced LED lights everywhere) I luckily do not seem to have any audible problems - although I certainly was worried, before I moved in, that I would,

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.