Oracle Delphi MK II Mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is the top view of the model. i have included the platter and the tonearm mounting plates. You will notice I have beefed up the tone arm ring. I have alas though this was kind of on the weak side structurally though it looks cool. The spring tubes are also integrated into the sub-chassis. I have notice on the latest model Oracle include o-rings between them and the sub-chassis rings, a one piece solution is is better for coupling.

TT top.jpg

There are some erroneous features. For example, the bearing will be attached to the aluminum and not the ABS as indicated but the mounting holes in the around the center bore. there are also no indexing feature for fasteners for the ABS shell to layered Al monocoque. Nonlinear analysis to get a picture of the vibration damping and adjust the components accordingly has yet to done. As I finish the analysis, I will post them..

Last edited:
What is the weight difference between yours and the stock aluminum sandwich?
You will have to go it alone if you go over board on the weight.
I would use the 'black dot, thickest Dia. Spring set on all three posts and use a adjustable counter weight to balance everything for equal bounce at all 3 posts.
Not exactly easy to do, but be thinking about that counter weight will get you there.
When I get a chance I,ll post some pics of my 3 point using just these same springs and similar style design.
The Oracle springs are wound superior to SOTA,s

Regards
David

Hello David,

My Oracle doesn't not have a layered sub chassis, but is either cast Al or an MgAl alloy. They do look different from the rest of the parts. They don't machine quite like 6061 for instance.

I will be using a 7000 series Al alloy sheet for this project. I am look for high stiffness, high energy propagation, and high loss tangent provided by the constraining film.

The model show and tone arm come in at 22 Lbs. Higher than the MK II but probably closer to the MK VI. I have used the SME V for the mass loading in the tone arm region. I know it is about 25% lighter than say a Graham.

Whether adjustable or static mass tuning is used is yet to be determine. I will visit that after I have finished the non linear analysis.

Thank you for the spring type suggestion, Very helpful. Looking forward to your pictures.

CC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.