Onkyo stylus cartridge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I need a new stylus for my Onkyo CP-5000a turntable.When I tried to take the old one out the plastic bit broke? I don't want to damage anything further so I need to know how the rest of it comes off? Ive taken the small brass Phillips screw out from the back but it still wont budge? Any suggestions on what I should replace it with? My amplifier is a Sansui AU11000 with MC & MM I don't know much about turntables as you can see.

Attachments

• Onk 001.jpg
    Onk 001.jpg
    658.8 KB · Views: 98
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
take a look at here and pick...
LP Tunes - Feast your ears.
Needle Doctor

In general, more you pay for the cartridge, the better it may sound, to some degree...I would stay away from very expensive mc cartridges, as you are new to cartridges and turntables. Selects some AT or Ortofon, I can give you a dozen good examples if you want. But I do not know what is available on the other side of the planet.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
then congratulations again, you did not destroy the cartridge...my apologies, sorry I tried to help
then replace the tip, what are you waiting for?

What are you on about,why the sarcasm? There's no need for that here on DIY,especially in this context where I'm just looking for some info.If you got it wrong so what,all you had to do was correct it instead of leaving me confused into thinking I might have to replace the whole cartridge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.