Pass Labs Technics SP10 mk2 power supply - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th May 2014, 10:54 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Pass Labs Technics SP10 mk2 power supply

Anything special about this power supply?
Old 6th May 2014, 02:20 AM   #2
BrianL is offline BrianL  United States
diyAudio Member

How about a little context? I see nothing on Pass' web site or PassDiy. Audiogon seems to have some references to Pass Labs experimenting with bases (aka 'plinths'). Given the design of the SP-10's external supply, I can't see how gilding the lilly would make any improvement on the table's performance unless the stock supply was aging with caps-gone-bad, etc.
Old 6th May 2014, 09:59 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

does not a superior great power supply influence the sound of any product? if not than the design of a power supply is irrelevant. Please read the thread "Pass Labs, New Home." post #4.

Pass Labs, New Home
Old 7th May 2014, 05:28 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

That post suggests the power supply is just part of "custom made table" that, I believe, is for their own use, not a commercial product. You have a habit of making a thread about a topic that's too broad to generate much discussion. Why not read up on some threads that are already posted in this forum or just post the question in related threads to fetch more info?
Old 9th May 2014, 03:02 AM   #5
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member

I saw that PSU (without the case on) on a visit to Pass Labs in August. Very nice. Very nice indeed. I used some of Wayne's ideas in a PSU I made for my SL-1200 and it was a astonishing difference in sound quality.

Hide this!Advertise here!