repairing my echocord super 75 / akai gx260d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all!

my first post here!

I recently bought a dynacord echocord super 75 and it worked fine about the first week.

after that there were volume drops (i'm using it with the back connections, so purely delay, no dry signal). they sometimes changed back to normal (a while it looked like that it changed when i fiddled with the wire of the moveable head, but that could have been coincidence) but now they stay low, while the tape hiss / noise stays the same level. so when i crank it up, the noise/audio ratio is not acceptable.

any tips on what to do are very welcome. I saw the big post around here about the super 62a, but this machine is rather different. its solid state for starters..

additional i have a question about my akai gx260d reel to reel i have.
I have 2 of these machines, both having some different failures. My main machine i'm using wont turn forward anymore (when pressed forward, it just rolls okay for a little, then one of the reels just stops). in reverse it works like a charm, but i'm using it as a delay effect, and there's, again, a very unacceptable signal to noise ratio.

the second machine does not record audio but plays back perfectly.

i would like to combine the two and make 1 perfect machine. i'd like to base on the one that does not record since that one seems to be in otherwise perfect shape. Im not sure since its been a while since i connected it, but i think it still erases, which would indicate the bias osc is working.

any tips on this are also greatly apreciated!

all the best!
Mathieu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.