Software W&F meter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've uploaded the first public beta version of the new real-time W&F meter by Alex Freed (many thanks for his hard work!) to the Library section on my website. Please remember - it is still a beta, so you may find some bugs and problems, however for me this program works rather well. Requires Windows XP or later and a sound card. Enjoy!

Cheers

Alex

Last edited:
Hi there,

great - thanks for the information!

However, it would be nice if frequencies other than 3kHz were possible. Not too many test records offer a 3kHz steady state test tone.

3kHz and 3.15kHz frequencies are specified for W&F measurements and only test tapes recorded with these frequencies are good for accurate speed setting and direct W&F measurements (i.e. have low residual W&f and good speed accuracy).

Good news though is that you can measure W&F reasonably well by recording 3kHz or 3.15kHz signal and playing it back 5-10 times on the same deck, than taking the average of these 5-10 measurement results. For obvious reasons you can not check the speed and speed stability this way.

Cheers

Alex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.