DV 23 Karat internals? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th March 2014, 08:13 AM   #1
Turbon is offline Turbon  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default DV 23 Karat internals?

Hi.

Anyone who has information on how to disassemble one of these without breaking them?

Regards

Last edited by Turbon; 16th March 2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 18th March 2014, 06:31 AM   #2
oshifis is offline oshifis  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Hi Turbon, there are two special round headed screws on the front. You need a special tool, or be creative
Once you have removed them, the cover comes off easily. Take care not to break the cantilever
You'll find inside that the wires are fixed with white silicone rubber, and you cannot do much.
I have two such cartridges, both have one channel broken, and I am looking for any option to revive them. They are not in production any longer, and the factory offers an upgrade for a price that I don't want to pay out. These are great cartridges

Hide this!Advertise here!