tuner voltage 220 to 110 rewire issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I bought a HK citation 14 tuner wired for 220. I rewired the transformer as per the tech manual (as far as my limited electrical knowledge goes anyways), but my voltages are off by 2 DC volts higher per 15V value on the + side and 2 volts lower on the minus side. so 17 volts vs 15, or 34 vs 30, or -13V vs - 15V etc.

The AC comes in to a common rail that has a small resistor going to the chasis, could that be the culprit? resistor band colors are red red green silver. if i removed that would it fix er up?? I get some less than optimal sound from the tape monitor/headphone jack, and fuzzy reception, lights work even though voltage higher, but quieting and signal meter not working. That stuff I can figure out after voltage corrected. Any help would be appreciated. I could take it in but then I wouldn't learn anything! :D

I accidentally newbie posted this in parts first so sorry about that...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.