Fitting Heed Orbit 1 PSU to Rega Planar 2 - help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Folks - I need your guidance!: I've just bought a Heed Orbit 1 for my Rega Planar 2, which has the Rega motor upgrade kit fitted by me in 2006 (110V Premotec motor + new PCB). Trouble is, I'm not sure how to connect the Orbit! It must be straightforward, but I don't want to damage the motor.

My confusion started because the output of the Orbit is showing ~147V AC on my scope, not 110V as I expected. This would be too high to connect directly to the 110V Premotec motor. So can anyone give me advice on where to solder the Orbit output cables onto the 240V Rega PCB? and also what mods (if any) are required to the Rega PCB?

Heed supply a small PCB in the box, which has a single capacitor soldered to it between red and blue motor connections (must be for phase shift), but I'm not sure if this is in addition to, or instead of, the Rega PCB (or if needed at all).

Here's a photo of the Rega PCB, which shows the tracks on the PCB and note the four motor wires - red, blue and two grey. Any help you can give me would be gratefully received. The Rega PCB is running from 240V AC UK mains and I would like to keep the on/off switch (the pale grey wires at the bottom of the photo) on the Rega TT:

I can supply other photos as needed. Thanks in advance

Will

Heed answered my question, so in case anyone else needs to do this, the solution is switch the Rega PCB for theirs. Once all the connections were soldered and it was powered-up, the voltage dropped to 106. I kept the Rega power switch - just soldered it in line and it works fine. Here's a photo of the Heed PCB in place. Sound is lovely - piano sounds solid and instruments are more distinct in the mix - very happy :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.