The future of analogue sources

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
not really correct: it means that electronic music is fake music ?
Maybe it is...who knows ?
Ehm, umh...some controversies in my mind : when I'm singing a tune in my head...are the neurons controlled by electric impulses so I'm on digital playback mode ?
And yesterday I was on my 5 minutes " opera mode" and my voice was very charming and I could play even the vibrato ! But yesterday night I couldn't reach the higher notes of She's Leaving Home...after many years of living lone !
So today I woke up with Dr.Dre tune in my head : " If you wanna make noise, make noise..."
I hate my digital side

abraxalito said:
Then why do radio and TV in fact use digital (and have done for years)? An audio ADC need introduce no more than a few 10's of uS delay, a video ADC considerably less than that.
ADC/DAC is the easy and fast bit. The hard/slow bit is coding (perceptual or lossless), interleaving and error correction which then require significant buffering. If it has to go over a radio link (e.g. broadcast, or radio mike) then FFT to/from COFDM may be needed too. The result is a significant delay.

When you say analogue, could you specify what do you mean exactly? Cause when we talk about wireless mics I honestly cannot see how it can be without any digital part.

PS: again talking about today's devices and not devices from back in the 70's.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.