Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th February 2006, 01:07 AM   #71
jethdub is offline jethdub  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

You would have to check the vinylium website, but I thought that they had released some modifications to allow the Kingston cutter to cut long life disks on a special plastic formula..similar to the vestax cutter (Though I heard the vestax cuts never sounded too good..the kingston could produce some nice cuts with practice and sensibly mixed source material..avoid over enhanced subs and in particular excessive peaks in the upper treble range..any sibilance was always a problem that was exaggerated on the cut and could blow the cutter head fuses)... Though the cutter styli were sapphire for standard dubplate cuts, I believe the new disk material requires diamond styli...even more costly.
Is the cutter on e-bay in the UK.?..It could be ours if so, as I'm living in mexico temporarily and my partner had agreed to sell the unit...We just never had the time to really work with it.
Old 29th August 2006, 01:26 AM   #72
jippers is offline jippers  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default yo loonatron

Hi all,

Loonatron I live on the Central Coast of NSW (about an hour north of you) and I'm extremely interested in doing the same thing as you, although I'm kinda getting a bit discouraged.

I'm interested in cutting my own vinyl and would like to know how your progress is going. Please inform us all...
Old 14th October 2006, 12:34 PM   #73
diyAudio Member

Hi Jippers,

Hey, its cool that there is someone close by that is probably almost as crazy as me. Unfortunately I don't have the time to work on this little project anymore, I'd also have to buy a small metal machining lathe to finish it off. (don't have access to one anymore) So now its become a bit of a weird art piece.

BTW if putting your tracks onto disc is what you want, there are people who can do that for you. (unfortunately you may have to look overseas, but there are websites that claim quick turn arounds at good prices)

...Steve
Old 15th December 2006, 07:09 AM   #74
diyAudio Member

Hi Loonatron
I built and run the vinyl pressing plant in Sydney.
You might want to come down and check it out.

or
www.vinylfactory.com.au

Best
Andy
Old 12th January 2007, 12:54 PM   #75
wigston is offline wigston  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default vinyl record cutting

I use a home-made vinyl cutting system(not made by myself). I am not an engineer but I have a good knowledge of cutting vinyl. If you are having any problems I should be able to help I have experienced most of them myself. I also have a supplier of high quality blanks. Any questions let me know,e-mail is vinylrecordcutting@tiscali.co.uk
Old 13th January 2007, 06:58 AM   #76
Wojtaso is offline Wojtaso  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Default Vinyl Manufacturing

Hi Andy (VinylFactory)

I am in process of setting up vinyl manufacturing and pressing factory in Europe.

Can you advise me where should I look for all equipment needed to start the production?

I have a good supplier base for vinyl raw material supply but the rest is still big question mark.

Thanks
Wojtaso
Old 13th January 2007, 01:52 PM   #77
wigston is offline wigston  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default vinyl record cutting

I do not press vinyl, I record music on to blank vinyl records by cutting a spiralling groove in to the record using an eliptical diamond.
I asked my supplier once where the best place to get vinyl pressing plant equipment was and he said Russia. He told me you could get second hand equipment for around 10000 euros(this was a couple of years ago). I think he said the biggest problem was transporting such bulky and heavy equipment.
Old 8th February 2007, 05:00 AM   #78
diyAudio Member

I've just been reading through this thread with the same (rather insane) idea as some other people.

After reading the thread, I still don't think I'm fully understanding how the cutter head works. Looking back at an old post by kalinski, are those diagrams of stereo cutter heads or mono cutter heads? I'm assuming if those diagrams are of stereo cutter heads, I'd need to feed the left channel to one coil and the right channel to the other coil.

-Adam
Old 20th February 2007, 11:22 AM   #79
diyAudio Member

Default Hi !

I late , I know, here is something of WESTAX .
Regards zeoN_Rider
Sorry file is larger of 2.5MB if you want mail me.
Old 20th February 2007, 02:52 PM   #80
diyAudio Member

Yeah, it would be great if you could email it to me:

webmasterATscriptpileDOTcom

-Adam

Hide this!Advertise here!