Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th September 2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Zore is offline Zore  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Optical Digital To RCA

Need some help with my problem im buying a ps4 soon and it only has HDMI and Optical Digital as a/v outlets and my surround sound only takes RCA cords need help with getting the ps4 audio to work on my surround sound I thought about buying these 2 things but I don't know if they would work im not that great with audio stuff .

1. Amazon.com : Manhattan 6 inches Stereo Splitter-3.5mm Jack to 2-RCA Jacks Audio Adapter : Electronics Cable Binding Posts : Electronics

2.Amazon.com: StarTech.com THINTOSMIN6 6 feet Toslink to Mini Digital Optical SPDIF Audio Cable: Electronics
Old 16th September 2013, 01:32 AM   #2
mattmcl is offline mattmcl  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow. The PS4 only has optical out? I was thinking of picking one up solely for GTAV but that's not good news.

I may be wrong, but I believe the optical will require conversion from digital to analog before you can run it into RCA's. If that's the case you're best off looking for a new home theater amp. I think I paid $150 for mine and it has digital and HDMI inputs.

If the PS4 has headphone output, you can use that first link you posted. You will not be getting surround sound though, probably just stereo.
Old 16th September 2013, 03:19 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Would this work?

Amazon.com : Digital Audio Decoder : Electronics
Old 16th September 2013, 04:50 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

and was just checking out the ps4 say the controller has a headphone jack that does surround sound and there is a aux port on the back of the ps4 could I use that?

Hide this!Advertise here!