Thorens TD-160 Replacement Motor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings!

I'm a first-time poster. I used the search function, without success, before trying this post.

I need a replacement motor for a Thorens TD-160 Mk I. I have a source who can supply a motor from a TD-165. Does anyone know whether the motors are the same for these two models?

If this is not a match, could someone suggest good places to try to find one?

Thank you.

Lately, I've been thinking how to improve the power supply, and maybe I can improve the load the LM3886 sees, as the motor is a 10K load. After all, by the trannie I can adapt the impedance seen by the amp, is not difficult, and as I can build my own transformers I can customize every turn to get the LM work with the optimus 8 Ohm . Besides, all the very high frecuency can be erased by the trannie. I haven't studied yet the "on earth" problems that an output transformer can have feeding another winding.

Nice site, the analog dept. 10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.