Battery for Nakamichi 350 Cassette Deck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought a Nakamichi 350 portable cassette tape deck. While it does have an ac adaptor, it does not have a battery. It does have six lugs on the back to connect a battery. Any idea where I could get a battery, or how a battery would be connected to this deck. BTW, it uses a 12volt battery.:whazzat:

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: nAKAMICHI 350 BATTERY POWER

onearmrog said:
MAKAMICHI MADE A LEATHER CARY CASE THAT HELD A GEL CELL BATTERY FOR THE 350 TO MAKE FEILD RECORDINGZS. tHE CASSETE DECK SAT IN THE LEATHER CARRY CASE AND THE CASE ITSELF HELD THE BATTERY AND CONNECTED BATTERY TO DECK.

ouch... caps lock key on (looks like you are shouting -- i'm sure that wasn't the intention.

I only vaguely remember the 350. Put a number of them in cars.

dave

On that 6 lug connector, the top left lug is neg and the top right is pos

I have a service manual for it if you need it, gives the l/r outs on that 6lug connector, evidently used for the car plug in

I dont have a power supply, but want to build one that connects the 4 pin din connector, can you give the polarity for the plug?

thx!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.