Sumiko BP Special needs cantiliver + stylus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Soundsmith in New York can replace the cantilever if the motor isn't damage. The cheapest option is 150 bucks. They have 3 option going up to 350.
Hope this helps. I have the same cart with a broken can't. I bought it broken to have it repaired.

I've read a lot of negative reviews on this cart but I've never heard one myself. You liked it? What type of music do you enjoy? Mine is the first edition of it.

Nick

I used to own the Blue Point, 3 of them, possible to get sounding good but always had a hard sound. My biggest qualm was with its tracking abilities. I dropped vinyl for years, then entered back with the affordable at120e, eve. This mm outperforms the blue point in all aspects, and tracks inner grooves like a champ IMHO.

Colin

I have heard the same cart (Blue Point Special) with the $350 soundsmith retip, well worth the money, much nicer than the Goldring 1042 I had.

TT is a Townshend Rock II with an RB250 that has had a good seeing to by Audio Origami (full rewire, foam fill and earth mod) and a Origin Live tail end.

I have a Sumiko BP Special cart. on which the front part of the
cantilever (w/ stylus) broke off in an unfortunate accident. Is it
possible to repair this cart. at a reasonable cost? Or is the best
option simply to replace the whole cart.?

Replace , you can get into better cartridges for alot less ......

1. Dl110
2. Dl103
3. AT 440mla
4. Grado

For example ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.