The Good Turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay,
I understand how you would use a tank to smooth the pressure pulses and understand how that would work. On the magnetic side I also see how that could be used in an attraction method and this seems like a simpler solution with no mechanical pumps or anything besides a passive set of magnets. I too look forward to your design MiiB, I think I could design such a system in Solidworks but I will wait and see what you give us.

Steven

Attachments

• IMGP1726.jpg
    IMGP1726.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 738
  • IMGP1727.jpg
    IMGP1727.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 621
  • IMGP1731.jpg
    IMGP1731.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 627
David,
Nice work and examples there. It does appear to be 0.018" depth from your picture though. What is the zerk fitting used for, grease? Most of the old pumps I remember where fairly quite, at least the old Silent Giant pumps that I remember but it would seem that you would have to make sure that the pump was running before the platter could spin or that it was stopped before the pump was turned off or you would have contact of the surfaces?

I would like to discuss the issue of the motor.
I have an Amazon DC motor that is fed by batteries. that is the most simple solution but maybe not optimum. I think a motor with more torc is better.
I have called Sperling today and await a reply.
On another forum the Revox B77 capstan motor was recommended.
Here an offer on Ebay :
REVOX B77 MKI "CAPSTAN MOTOR 9,5/19" 1978-1980 TON-MOTOR **TOP** | eBay

Joachim,
Don't even suggest that I cut into my Revox, not for the motor, there have to be easily available equivalent electrical motors. Do you know the specifications on the motor, like torque and horsepower and rpm ratings and such. AC or DC. I haven't looked inside my tape machine for so long, I do remember the tape drive motors which were large. I don't remember the capstan motor?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.