MC step-up transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maybe 100windings primary and a little less step-up 1:10 so 1000 secondairy.
In between each primary you wind 10 secondairy

The Denon DL-103R has an impedance of 14 ohm.
Would your above example be suitable in post #11 ?
What would be the typical leakage inductance be ?
Should a shield be put on the outside ?

I am total idiot with transformers, so apologies for stupid questions.

Patrick

The right material Metglas magnaperm 2714AF
http://www.manz-electronic.com/download_file.php?id=2838023a778dfaecdc212708f721b788

or you can use from Vacuumschmelze the 6025F (=the same as 2714AF)

This firm sells it:
MES Manz Electronic Systeme OHG | Softmagnetic products | Semiconductors | Busbars | Military and Space | Heat sinks

or the 6025F:
Online Catalog & Consulting

I used the 2714AF (MP3210P4AF) 40 primary windings and 600 secondary windings
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This looks like a great option.
But what size are the two wire types?
How long did it take to wind? Given the tiny size of these cores.

Is this the same principle as these insanley priced Stepups if so even given the labour costs if indeed the are hand made.

Thanks
This is looking like a great discusion.

Garry

This looks like a great option.
But what size are the two wire types?
How long did it take to wind? Given the tiny size of these cores.

Is this the same principle as these insanley priced Stepups if so even given the labour costs if indeed the are hand made.

Thanks
This is looking like a great discusion.

Garry

I used secondary normal magnet wire. The primary wire is a teflon insulated wire but instead of that you can use a normal magnet wire too.

Yes, most insanely price step-up transformers from "high end" manufactures are the same as this transformer I made or even worse.
I know for sure that Tribute used this core in the past (maybe now Tribute uses the vitrovac 500F but that core is less good but has a higher Al-value because it's even bigger)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I used secondary normal magnet wire. The primary wire is a teflon insulated wire but instead of that you can use a normal magnet wire too.

Yes, most insanely price step-up transformers from "high end" manufactures are the same as this transformer I made or even worse.
I know for sure that Tribute used this core in the past (maybe now Tribute uses the vitrovac 500F but that core is less good but has a higher Al-value because it's even bigger)

The pic shows first wired the secondary with magnet wire and after the primary with teflon, is OK?

NO

I do first the primary wire and then in between the secondary

Just for the record: I can make mc transformers for everybody but i have to do it by hand. That is way to expensive so I advice everybody to wind their own mc transformer.

The pic shows first wired the secondary with magnet wire and after the primary with teflon, is OK?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.