Supex SDX1000 Spec sheet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From a SUPEX flyer.

SDX-1000 Specifications
Type: Moving-coil
Output voltage: 0.2 mV (1 KHz, 3.45 cm/sec.)
Frequency response: 10 - 50,000 Hz
Channel Separation: More than 27 dB
Channel balance: Less than 0.6 dB
Impedance: 2 ohms (1 kHz)
Load impedance: More than 2 ohms
Compliance: 9.0 x 10-6 cm/dyne
Tracking force; 1.5 g - 2.1 g (recommended value 1.8 g)
Type of stylus: Eiliptical nude diamond(0.3 x 0.7 mil VITALPOINT NEEDLE)
Weight: 4.7 g

Supex

Thanks for the encouragement AVWERK, my son (when a toddler) managed to break the stylus off, and I had it repaired by the Garrott Bros (now sadly no longer with us). Unfortunately the toddler managed a second go and the cartridge has lain idle in a drawer for the past 26 years. The toddler went on to become a 1st class sound engineer.
I recently learned the Garrott business had been resurrected by Audio Dynamics in Australia, so I inquired re restoring the Supex. If it can be repaired it will cost $350-450 Aussie dollars. This will get me back into vinyl, as I still have a large collection stashed away. Cant afford mega-dollars for a new one. Will build a Terminator style arm and am working on the turntable design. Looking to resurrect my MC preamp but will post a new thread on that one.

Rethinking the past 2 weeks and looking at used prices of some of the more popular MC,s on Ebay, a Madrigal Carnegie sold for about 350$, Monster cable Gemesis 1000 MC for 315$ and the one I was interested in (Lyra Clavis) sold for 924$! ( Sold for 1695$ in Jan 1992) Gadzooks! And these were used examples with the typical phrases of ..about 300 hours...use. Really? Just who measures their MC,s time allotment anyway??
So moral of story, your better off having an old one brought up to spec with a Boron or hollow sapphire cantilever, van De.,hyper Elyptical, line contact, etc. For the same price as these old examples as long as they know what their doing.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.