Bypass switch for builtin phono stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm considering the possibility of installing a switch to bypass the builtin phono stage on my Project Essential, so I can use it with my valve driven preamp. Does anyone have any advice on what sort of switch would be suitable and where to find one? I really would appreciate any advice.

Cheers,
Simon

It would probably easier to bypass the built in without adding a switch. Do you want the switch so you can easily try it both ways?... Do you have experience with soldering very fine tone arm wires? If not you should find a tech who is.....Have you been able to get to the built in pre? If so can you post a picture?

It would probably easier to bypass the built in without adding a switch. Do you want the switch so you can easily try it both ways?... Do you have experience with soldering very fine tone arm wires? If not you should find a tech who is.....Have you been able to get to the built in pre? If so can you post a picture?

Yes I've accessed the built in preamp. I've actually received advice on another forum regarding the switch. I can solder reasonably well, but based on what you said perhaps I should do a few practice runs before I touch the wires on the unit.

But yes I want to be able to switch between the preamp and direct o/p. Thanks for you reply.

Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.