Soundcraft Live 4 Refurb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just acquired a SoundCraft Live 4 32X8X4 board. I want to thoroughly clean everything and do any maintenance, resoldering, etc. that it might need. Does anyone have a source for technical manuals, etc.? I have done electronic work before, but would like a good starting place for this project. This board was used in a smoking environment, and is pretty dirty. I have a really, really low budget for this project as it is for a church band, so I can't just send it to Soundcraft for maintenance.

Hi

The live 4 is a beautiful desk. I couldnt find onewhen I was looking to purchase a desk for my youth group.

I doubt that it will require much more than a good clean on the outside to get the grease off. Generally a quick wipe with an alcohol based solvent will leave it looking like new. If the sliders are clean (i.e. not noisy) I wouldnt even bother opening it up.

I havnt worked on a live 4, only a small spirit. If Soundcraft is consistent in their manufacturing and design then youll find that there is little that needs doing, other than cleaning pots and replacing the bad ones, although I have no idea where youll get replacements from.

Anyway, good luck.

Cheers, Stuart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.