Technics Overhang tool and Tonearm Resonance cap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,
got my Technics 1200 cartridge overhang alignment tool as well as the Nylon Tonearm Resonance cap.

I have a question.
From my pics, does it look like the stylus is aligned properly ?
How accurate does it have to be ?
(I tried taking the best pics I could !)

thanks

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

Tonearm Resonance cap:

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

With respect, that Technics cartridge overhang alignment tool is open to gross parallax error. Get yourself an arc protractor like Ken Willis supplies ("Accutrak") - I have 3 of them (they're arm-specific).

You asked "How accurate does it have to be?" ... I would suggest to within 0.1mm, at worse.

Regards,

Andy

With respect, that Technics cartridge overhang alignment tool is open to gross parallax error. Get yourself an arc protractor like Ken Willis supplies ("Accutrak") - I have 3 of them (they're arm-specific).

You asked "How accurate does it have to be?" ... I would suggest to within 0.1mm, at worse.

Regards,

Andy

To achieve positioning accuracy to 0.1mm (0.004") would seem to require more than the unaided eye and unsteady hand. How do you get it that close?

To achieve positioning accuracy to 0.1mm (0.004") would seem to require more than the unaided eye and unsteady hand. How do you get it that close?

Correct - with an unsteady hand, you will never get it that accurate. ;)
With a steady hand, you can do it ... if you have:
* an arc protractor, and
* a bright light. :)

BTW, +/- 0.004" sounds much more daunting than +/- 0.1mm! :D

Regards,

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.