2nd phono stage advice: looking at the kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sachin do you have a photo of the top side of the PSB ? Modelling in Sketchup so I can move it around for clearance checking.

I have few original Pics of bare and populated boards.Here are they
Power supply:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Regards,
Sachin

Last edited:
Hi Sachin, this is looking like a good solution for me. Just wondered, could tell me if I could drive the power supply effectively from the transformer on the Hypex AS2.100?

I'm using this as a donor for my amp project.

Cheers

Hi,
I don't know about transformer used in Hypex AS2.100.This power supply will need 15-0-15 transformer.I am using 22-0-22 30 VA R core transformer to run Passb1+LDR volume control+CNC and SSP.I will send you Power supply building manual if you PM your mail id.

Regards,
Sachin

I have tried the Boozehound now with both batteries and recommended PS. It is a little "polite" and lacking in dynamics for my taste, sounding a bit slow. Although it is very detailed and spacious, open sound.

Can anyone recommend a very good sounding op-amp phono, so that I can try something different? Something dynamic, fast, and at the same time natural, detailed.

Thanks,
Herman

I have tried the Boozehound now with both batteries and recommended PS. It is a little "polite" and lacking in dynamics for my taste, sounding a bit slow. Although it is very detailed and spacious, open sound.

Can anyone recommend a very good sounding op-amp phono, so that I can try something different? Something dynamic, fast, and at the same time natural, detailed.

Thanks,
Herman

What about Rod Ellioot's P06?
See here: ESP Projects Pages - DIY Audio and Electronics

With P05 power supply.

Regards,

Andy

G'day all. Noviygera I have built about seven P06's for my own use in different systems. It is an interesting design using a combination of split equalisation.

Active EQ for the bass end and passive EQ for the treble which I suspect results in a free/uncompressed treble which results in a very 'dynamic' sound. The circuit boards and full assembly instructions are available from ESP, but all components and assembly are the constructors responsibility

Please have a read of the public article off his website: Hi-Fi RIAA Phono Preamp I am a very happy user of this excellent design and I have no vested interest in selling PCB's. The P99 sub bass filter is also recommended building following the P06 for excellent attenuation of all frequencies below 20 Hertz such as are caused by record warps etc. Regards, Felix.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.