Balanced signal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am just trying to fully understand this. My source is unbalanced, I use a line driver and send to an amplifier that has balanced in? Inside the amplifier, the signal becomes singal ended again. That results in a higher dynamic range?
I have been bouncing back and forth between active studio monitors and vintage home audio. I have run my active monitors with unbalanced signal and they lose alot of oomph. I like the sound of my Vintage hi-fi stuff and my Passive Morels, Vifas, Scan speaks. But I have never run them from a balanced signal because my home audio amplifiers are all -10 unbalanced.
I would like to use my hifi stuff but have a little more dynamics like my active monitors do. I don't expect to achieve all of each but the most I can get without taking out a second mortgage.
What is gain clone? I have scrolled past this a few times. Is there such a +4 balanced input amplifier DIY kit that I can use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.